If you are retired or semi-retired, then we offer a wide range of activities and interests in the company of other like-minded retirees. There is no lower or upper age limit.
Interested in joining? There are usually around 50 activities every month - see the calendar of our events on the home page. All meetings are subject to change, and there may be other visits and one-off events which are not shown.
- An excellent Newsletter is published each month, e-mailed to those who are on e-mail. For those who are not, printed copies are given to members who attend the monthly meeting, or posted to those who were absent.
- In addition, members receive the magazine 'Third Age Matters', which is published five times a year by the national Third Age Trust.
Membership costs £20.00 for the twelve months from 1st May 2019 to 30th April 2020*.
- If you have a printer, click here to download our application form.
- If you don't have a printer or you have questions, please click here and fill in the enquiry form.
- Alternatively, come to our next monthly meeting (held on the 3rd Monday each month) and ask to speak to the membership secretary.
On joining, you will be sent a booklet listing all our activity groups with the contact details for their co-ordinators. Before attending any of our activity groups' events, please contact that group's co-ordinator to ensure that there are places available.
We have an agreement with Blackwater, Heybridge, Limebrook, Burnham, Dengie, Crouch Valley and South Woodham Ferrers U3As that our members will be welcome at each other's activities if there are enough places available. Preference will always be given to the organising U3A's members.
* For those joining after May, the subscription for the remaining months of our membership year is: