The group meet at The Blackwater Sailing Club, Heybridge Basin on the first Monday of every month, starting at 10:00amLast revised 31 March 2015
1. Monday 5th May, no meeting, Bank Holiday
2. Monday 2nd June 2014, a trip on the River Thames; “The Royal River Explorer”, visiting Dorney village, Eaton then a coach tour of the Thames Villages which would include Old Windsor and Datchet. This to be followed by a cruise on the River Thames. We will have a Blue Badge guide with us for the whole day.
3. Monday 7th July 2014, meeting at The Blackwater Sailing Club, Heybridge Basin at 10:00 am for an illustrated talk by Richard Thomas on “Waterway Wonders”. This talk is a “Tour” of some of the engineering marvels around the waterway system including Foxton Inclined Plane, Pontcysyllte Aqueduct, Harecastle Tunnel, Anderton Boat Lift and Bingley Five Rise Locks among others perhaps not so well known.
4. Monday 4th August 2014, meeting at The Blackwater Sailing Club, Heybridge Basin at 10: 00 am for an informative illustrated talk by the Essex Police Marine Unit. This unit is based in Burnham on Crouch and patrols a large area of Essex.
5. Monday 1st September 2014, meeting at The Blackwater Sailing Club, Heybridge Basin at 10:00 am for an interesting and illustrated talk on “The challenges of displaying museum collections: the new Naval history gallery at the National Maritime Museum” by Dr James Davey, Curator of Naval History, National Maritime Museum, Greenwich.
6. Monday 6th October 2014, meeting at The Blackwater Sailing Club, Heybridge Basin at 10:00am for an interesting, informative and illustrated talk by John Johnson-Alan on “The Royal Navy’s Red Sea Fleet in the early 1900’s”.
7. Monday 3rd November 2014, visit to Trinity House, London; maximum people allowed on the visit is 50, split into two groups. First visit at 10:00am, second visit at 3:00pm. Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided. Lunch, which is not included in the price, has been arranged for 11:330am at “The Kitchen at the Tower”.
8. Monday 1st December 2014, meeting at The Blackwater Sailing Club, Heybridge Basin at 11:00 am for a discussion on our plans for 2015 followed by our Christmas Buffet.
Click here to go to the Top of this Page
Please go back to the U3A Home Page by clicking on the BACK Button on your Browser or click below.